New game added: NitroHack
Quote from official site:
NitroHack is a modernized, network-capable fork of the classic roguelike game NetHack.
NitroHack is a single player dungeon exploration game. Unlike many other Dungeons & Dragons-inspired games, the emphasis in NitroHack is on discovering the detail of the dungeon and not simply killing everything in sight - in fact, killing everything in sight is a good way to die quickly.
Each game presents a different landscape - the random number generator provides an essentially unlimited number of variations of the dungeon and its denizens to be discovered by the player in one of a number of characters: you can pick your race, your role, and your gender.
The ultimate goal of the game is to ascend the character. This is a very difficult feat which many players never achieve.
New game added: NitroHack
Lost Labyrinth - 2.9.2 has been released.
- Savegames and highscore are saved in user homedirectory (this way we are able to save in rpm/deb distributions)
- autostacking (keeps our inventories cleaned up)
- if we are stronger we can carry more stuff without encumbering (encumbrance is modified by str/2)
- Keyboard handling improved:
- Left/Right leaves item menu
- Escape leaves inventory, automap, spell menu and character data screen
- fighting styles (buttons were invisible)
- spellweaving (buttons were invisible)
- update map after teleport
- scrolling slowed down for summoned creatures
- dark mana working again
- crash when ending program fixed
LambdaRogue - 0.3.0.3, 0.3.0.4 as well as soundtrack has been released.
Changes in 0.3.0.4:
* Bug fixed: Diplomas in character dump look weird
* Bug fixed: Texts of two quests contain errors (but don't affect solvability)
* increased the power of the unique enemies; changed their special attacks
Changes in 0.3.0.3:
* added missing texts (esp. texts which are shown after winning the game)
* slightly changed the intro text
* at startup, the existance of important directories and files is checked. if possible, the missing dirs will be created, but if data files are missing, the game stops with a human-readable error
* bug fixed: mouse control in academy did not work
* bug fixed: the intro text had a typo ("poets" instead "poems")
Incursion: Halls of the Goblin King v0.6.9A has been released.
* Fixed incorrect calculation of percentile value mods from templates (that caused, for example, human zombies to have 100% movement rate rather than 30%).
* Added trap message for "alignment loss" bug.
* Assassins now have Alchemy, so they can make custom poisons with Poison Use.
* Fixed crash bug when generating encounter summons where there was no in-game summoner creature (i.e., Multitude wrath, Kissi.sav).
* Fixed issue with summoning preset monsters (i.e., dust devil) over water trying to make the encounter be aquatic and ending up generating strange random summons.
* Implemented better auto-testing for reproducing crash bugs.
* Fixed a bug in the script engine likely responsible for diverse crashes, including Semirath intervention.
* Fixed crash bug on summoning related to missing zero terminators on the CandidateCreatures array.
* Fixed crash bug relating to division by zero when calculating knockback for airborne creatures.
* Fixed a crash relating to overflowing string buffers in the monster AI.
* Fixed crash bug related to unll map pointers when the Intimidate abilities kick in.
* Fixed crash-causing infinite loop related to attempts (by monster or PC) to break grapples.
* Fixed crash bug relating to newly-introduced "snow angel" monster.
* Fixed crash bug from VERIFY macro in CallMemberFunc()
* Fixed Creature::GetBAB-centric error messages.
* GetBAB now reports the correct BAB for monsters with BAB-increasing templates.
* Reduced creation of "castle" multi-rooms by 50%, by request of testers for balance.
* Fixed infinite-loop crash/hang bug in encounter gen involving nested encounters
* Fixed crash issues with Animate Objects, and added code to handle it better if this spell fails for some reason.
* Fixed crash bug with NULL map pointers and the print queue after attacks.
* Implemented compressed save files. This should both save disk space and make AutoSave less tedious at lower dungeon levels.
* (Intentionally) OOD encounters now generate only a single OOD monster, rather than potentially an entire party of them. Big fix!
* When OOD monsters are created, they are now logged in the player's journal for debugging purposes. Same for other eccentric encounter gen behaviour. This will go away when I get things better fine- tuned. "Failed" messages are not necessarily errors; the encounter gen sometimes fails and tries something different naturally.
* Fixed crash bug when corpses were destroyed; it was related to backRefs and code included to prevent Animated Objects from causing crashes.
* Put in placeholders for the new prestige classes.
* Fixed a problem causing priests to cast overly high level spells at a low dungeon level (because they had a template intended for high-CR, high-HD giant priests).
* Added new skill templates: master, paragon and legendary, to allow more powerful adventurers in challenge mode.
* Fixed div-by-zero crash bug in mana regeneration calculation.
* Fixed crash bug where moving into/out of a field causes the death of the mobile creature, resulting in a map null pointer reference.
* Fixed crash bug with missiles being destroyed or taken off-map while in flight.
* Fixed glitch where the encounter "graveborn creatures" would sometimes produce adult dragons at very low CRs. (I believe this was the cause of "mages" that cast cleric spells at low dungeon levels -- they were polymorphed dragons.)
* The encounter gen now keeps lowering the max base CR on consecutive tries to make room for manditory templates, so that they (hopefully) won't get skipped anymore.
* Encounters created in fiery or icy prisons now appear inside the prison area properly.
* Tested AutoRun ('run to location'), seems to work great for me. I need some 0.6.9 saves duplicating the issues people have with this!
* Immotian, the Multitude, Maeve, etc. now place their summons near the player correctly.
* Lots of general tweaking and fine-tuning to match special room types with thematic encounters.
* Flaming sphere, dust devil, spiritual hammer and summon shadows now cannot be used again while the first summons is still present. SS has higher CR, but costs fatigue. These construst spells do not count towards you 'max creatures controlled' PHD.
* Summoned creatures and illusions can no longer be live- sacced.
* The Multitude now has a stricture against magical healing, since they were a little to easy to accomidate before.
* The center square of tanglefoot bag strands and web spells now disappears properly. (The cause was writing the center twice, and thus recording the written terrain from the first write as the 'terrain to restore' on the second.)
* Aiswin no longer expects you to get revenge on traps that critically wound you, or on dieties expressing their wrath upon you.
* Holy Avengers now grant 50% magic resistance.
* Added a switch allowing the player to control the use of the Dirty Fighting feat, for the sake of alignment. Lawful NPCs don't use it, either.
* New monsters: batkin, gremlin, githzerai, githyanki (and added "silver sword" unique weapon and new psi powers to support the gith races), senmurv, lillend, feyr.
* Fixed crash bug with NULL EActor in Creature::Death, that triggered when monsters petrify.
Privateer: ASCII sector - 0.3.3 has been released.
Changes in 0.3.3:
- Fixed bug with asteroid fields.
- Fixed a couple of bugs with movie recording.
- Fixed bug with options being reset when entering the Movie Player menu.
- Added a sound effect when jumping.
- ALT+ENTER will now also switch between fullscreen and window mode.
- The player's health (and equipment in the left and right hands) will now be shown all the time. Combat Mode is instead indicated by red borders.
Changes in 0.3.2:
- First Win32 release.
- Fixed bug in the shooting range, where you would be able to fire infinite shots after you had fired the first 10 shots and reset the target.
- Fixed bug that allowed you to target and shoot at characters outside your field of view when blinded.
- Fixed bug where all missions involving the Halfway system paid 0 credits.
- Decreased the production of gems on refineries.
- Attacks on characters and killing a character will now get fined and added to your criminal record.
- Added music and sound effects.
Slashie has announced a new roguelike called Metal Gear: The Roguelike.
* Infiltrate a base as a FOXHOUND special forces operative
* Explore the randomly generated multi-building jungle base complex.
* Stealthy rescue hostages and increase your rank
* Avoid guards, they are bad
* Find stealthy and not so stealthy weapons (Knifes, Handguns, Machineguns, Explosives and Rocketry)
* Destroy mass-destruction nuclear-warhead-armed gigantic Metal Gear mechas
* Meet new people and make friends with your transceiver.
There are no executable or sources, just one screenshot:
LambdaRogue - 0.3.0.2 has been released.
The recommended way to play the SDL version of LambdaRogue is now to use the mouse. Movement works like in Moria (resp. KMoria) for PalmOS, i.e. the mouse click is just translated to one of the eight standard movement directions: for example, left-click above the @ - move north, click left from the @ - move west and so on. No pathfinding like in Diablo wink
Mouse usage can be switched off in config file.
However, the keyboard interface has been improved and changed. First of all, you now can also define uppercase keys in lambdarogue.cfg. No, this was not possible before. Second, the default lambdarogue.cfg now has been changed to provide Vi-keys as additional movement option. This was possible because I don't need the former laptop-centered movement keys any longer, because using the mouse is much easier (and I don't play the console version very often).
Note that due to that changes the game is now quit by Q (not by q any longer) and help screen is shown with H (formerly h).
Misc Interface changes
- the brighter tileset is configured to be used as default in config file
- lots of decorative artwork (partly based on stock art found on deviantART, used with permission; see credits for details).
- new items
- the texts for readable items (like the Scroll of Hope or other) are implemented
- many items produce certain effects when being offered at altars or dipped into wells
- three difficulty levels to choose from
- and many more ...
- the "Kill Dwarvenfall"-quest in DLV 10 could not be accepted -> made the game unwinnable
- the Cape of Magic could not be equipped
- the Cloak of Caution did not work
- some typos in data files
- after starting a new game or entering a new dungeon level, the screen was not updated immediately
- sometimes caveworm excrements overlapped the dungeon entry
- fullscreen never worked on Windows
- sometimes treasure chests, crypts, wells or altars were placed on staircases
- aura spells disappeared after 1 turn (introduced with LOS in 0.3.0.1)
- the compass in console mode covered the equipment icons
- the last line in console mode was not cleared
The Slimy Lichmummy - 0.11 has been released.
* The numpad is now supported (tsl_conf_numpad)
* Key summary added to help
* Traps now have colors
* Magic mapping works again
* Shields now have a maximum number of consecutive blocks
* Changes (mostly internal) to creature death messages
* If a stealth-reducing item is equipped, current stealth points will now be capped at the new maximum
* The light spell now updates the map properly
* Hunger added
* You don't heal and can't rest while hungry
* Rest is now interrupted if your light source goes or is about to go out
* Locations can now have custom entry/exit points and directions
* Resistances have been changed to a simple damage reduction
* Poison resistance added - works differently than the others
* City-building algorithm
* "status" keybinding renamed to "flip"; "status" will be used for something else later
LambdaRogue - 0.3.0.1 (gamma1) has been released.
-- 0.3.0.1 (gamma 1) --
- Line of Sight
- Light is now created using the Bresenham circle function already used for Aura Spells
- compass items, leading to the staircase to the next dungeon level
- dungeons can have monster hives which spawn monsters extensively until destroyed
- the monster "rat" is called "hellrat" now
- disassembling arrows in resource workshop now also produces wood
- inventory and songbook are limited to 16 items
- greatly improved drawing speed in SDL mode
- the BACKSPACE key now deletes only one character, not the entire line
- inventory, songbook, shops, resource workshops and NPC dialogs now also use the decorative graphics
- after entering the character name in title screen, a message is shown that indicates if a save game exists
- a hint is shown when an item, a trader or a NPC is on the same position as the player
- if a tile contains both an NPC/trader and an item, the item has a higher priority to be drawn
- many quests couldn't be solved, because of different spelling in data files "items.txt" and "quests.txt"
- fog of war always used the "fog tile" from tileset 1, even if tileset 2 had been selected
- redefining keys in a way that "b" is used for movement or an action made the cheat prompt appear
- regardless how much units of a resource type were sold, it always gave credits for only 1 unit
- it was possible to sell negative amounts of resources
- in console mode, the status line was hidden sometimes by other text
- restaurant-type traders (displayed as green 6) were placed outside dungeon level 1, 5 and 10
- save games did not contain all trader positions
- The Bresenham circle function had some x/y on the wrong positions
- instead of professions, religions were compared for profession-bound items
- questlog in character dump counted pure information NPCs as quest
Privateer: ASCII sector - 0.3.1 has been released.
Changes in 0.3.1:
- Fixed bug with missions to Trou in the Bastille system.
- Fixed bug with the commodity market of Daedalus in the Icarus system.
- Added a new system and a new base.
Changes in 0.3:
- Fixed bug that sometimes caused the program to crash when entering the movie player.
- Fixed a couple of pricing bugs when selling and buying a ship. This means that the jump drive is no longer included when buying a new ship.
- Ships will now try to avoid friendly fire, when shooting. If it is slowing down the game too much, switch Friendly Fire back to Yes in the options menu.
- Ships will now keep a greater distance to each other in order to avoid crashes between friendly ships.
- Repair Droid will now also repair while the autopilot is engaged.
- Holding down 'M' and pressing a directon key will now move the viewable area on a base without moving the player.
- Changed the load game menu slightly so that there is no more need for the SAVES.TXT file in the SAVES folder.
- Changed the icon for an ejected pilot to the dot that is also used for characters on the ground.
- Added 5 new systems.
- Added 6 new bases.
- Added character combat.
- Added new fixer mission: kill a person on a base or planet.
- Added new Mercenaries' Guild mission: bounty hunting capture alive.
- Added a player inventory/equipment screen.
- Added a shooting range on Manurhin in the Vichy system.
- Added equipment shops to most bases.
- Added AutoDoc booths to most bases.
- Added an in-game help screen (press F10 or 'H').
- Added military rank to names of some characters on confederation bases.
- New player's manual in PDF format with more detailed instructions and screenshots.